T.W. Birks & Son was founded in 1929, our emphasis is on the quality of our service and meeting the needs of our client. We are very conscious of the difficulties in arranging a funeral service for a child or baby and are here to help as much as we possibly can. Our specially funeral directors are have undertaken further specialist training to help families to arrange the funeral for a child or baby. We also have a female funeral director if you would prefer.
Our priority is helping you arrange a special and fitting service and offering choice and guidance.
We make no charge for our essential professional services, this includes:
- Arranging and conducting a funeral service
- Caring and looking after your precious child or baby
- Bringing your child or baby carefully back into our care
- Use of chapel of our rest facility or equipment that will allow you to keep your child or baby at home if you would prefer
- A hearse or estate car on the day of the funeral
- A limousine on the day of the funeral
- Information about support and guidance through this time and beyond
- Memory keepsake box with hand prints, foot prints and lock of hair, if you wish.
There are a number of third party options, that incure a charge:
- Newspaper notice
- Cremation or burial fee (this is often at a reduced rate or without charge depending on location)
- Doctors fees for cremation
- Floral tributes
- Headstone or memorial
- Keepsake ashes jewellery
We believe in offering choice and support and the costs incurred with different options will be fully explained.
For further help and information on the options available, please contact your local office.