Choosing a funeral director is an important decision. The majority of our families choose ourselves because they have used our services in the past, have attended a funeral we have previously undertaken or have been recommended by a professional or previous family.
The Birks Difference
- Firstly, we offer a complete funeral service. With advice and support offered at every stage of the funeral arrangements and beyond. All included in the one professional fee.
- We are longstanding members of the leading funeral trade organisation the NAFD. Consequently our families have the assurance that we offer a highly professional service.
- Our funeral directors have many years of experience working within the profession and are supported by a small dedicated team that have a wide range of different skills. As a result, our families receive the best personalised service at all times.
- We have established local contacts with ministers of all denominations, florists and catering venues if required
- We are personally available 24 hours daily for help and advice.
- We will visit at your home, other convenient meeting place or in one of our three comforting funeral homes at a time to suit you.
- Each funeral personally arranged and tailored to your needs and requirements. We are always flexible and accommodating to your wishes.
- Our services will not end with the funeral, our advice and support continues to be available if required. We also offer a complimentary Christmas remembrance event for our families.
- We have a wide range of experience built up from over 87 years of undertaking funerals. From arranging a small intimate gathering in a meaningful setting through to large military funerals with a significant press and logistical element.
- Lastly every minute details matters. We understand that it can be the little touches that makes the biggest difference.